What happens when an alarm is activated?
If the alarm is triggered, either by monitored alarms or CCTV cameras, your Assegai security system will send a signal – using either the phone line or via GSM. Within moments of receiving the signal, the registered Alarm Receiving Centre will confirm the burglar alarms system. If necessary the Alarm Receiving Centre can alert the required emergency services. ARC will attempt to contact the key holder.
Once the alarm is triggered, what happens next?
A signal is sent down your phone line to the Assegai nominated Alarm Receiving base in moments. A set contact list for your home appears on our operator’s computer. This will allow the Alarm Receiving Centre to identify the type of emergency and take the appropriate action either, calling your home, the assistance of your key holder, or the appropriate emergency services – if the alarm signal has been confirmed. The Alarm Receiving Centre will call your home to confirm the alarm signal, and if there is no response they will contact the emergency services. The Alarm Receiving Centre has links to all UK Police control rooms. Personal Attack and duress signals receive an immediate response – The Alarm Receiving Centre will not verify the alarm first. The Alarm Receiving Centre will then contact one of your nominated key holders so that the emergency services can access to your home.
Who are you affiliated with?
Assegai are affiliated to the SSAIB (Security Systems and Alarms Inspection Board). As part of your monthly monitoring and service costs your new Assegai alarm system will be covered by a comprehensive service plan. For more information call Assegai Security now: 01908 596 519 / 07811 174 435.
What support should I expect?
Support from our 24 hour Help Desk:
- 24 hours a day / 365 days a year availability of technicians.
- Four hour emergency call-out response.
- Warranty for additionally fitted equipment (12 month)
- Adjustments during inspection (minor).
- Review of your security requirements (Free!)
- Equipment lifetime guarantee if the system is rented and installed by Assegai Security Solutions
- Engineer call-out charges*
- Engineering Support (Remote)**
- Intruder alarms system resetting, i.e. reset which does not require a technician’s visit.